Solo leveling Review, Is it worth it ?




I came to this novel after reading its manhwa adaptation. I love the manhwa... but reading it until the end of the novel, there were a few points wherein I was disappointed. Still, the manhwa is cool.

What reasons to like

1. The MC - now I know that there are some who don’t like the MC, but I like how his character was developed. Since I didn’t start to read the beginning through this novel but through the manhwa, I definitely loved how the MC’s courage was developed. The account of what happened before he acquired his special levelling powers; I felt goosebumps while reading that part, honestly. I was able to embrace and sympathise with his fears at the beginning to the point wherein I celebrated when he faced his fears and overcame. Also, I appreciate that his personality changed the moment he grew stronger. Somehow, because of the betrayal he experienced at the beginning, his naivety was gone. Some might say that he is ruthless, but for me, I say that it was all because of what he went through. I also appreciated stories with MCs who are ruthless but with reasons. He became who he is because of what he went through.

2. The other characters - there aren’t many novels that could make me like the side characters. The other characters had their own backgrounds and stories as well, even the one who betrayed the MC in the beginning. Also, their POVs weren’t as exaggerated as Sovereign of The Three Realms, wherein the other characters praise the MC too much for my liking. It was too shallow. This novel, on the other hand, was written well., I look forward to reading the other characters POV in this novel.

3. The plot - it's consistent. True to its title, the plot remained consistent. It's seriousness, setting, Carecters, etc, all are consistent to plot. When I first read the title, I thought it would be like the other novels with levelling plotline'wherein it would be light and fun to read. But to my surprise, this novel has a serious and dark plot after all - which is plus as it made the novel belong to a few unique bones. The way it was written made me feel it's atmosphere. So I guess it also boils down to the author's style of writing..? 

now to reasons to dislike:

  1. the romance - the development was too rushed for me. But I have to admit that I like this romance better as it is no harem. Still, I would’ve preferred that there would be no romance at all rather than reading a rushed one. On the other hand, I like the female lead’s character.
  2. the ending - it was dragged on longer than I would have liked. The author could’ve ended it with an open-ended conclusion. To my disappointment, he dragged it on for 20-40 chapters. I regretted reading it all the way. I continued reading it because I didn’t want to miss some action.. indeed, I didn’t... because there was no action at all!!! It was just filled with drama!!! Don’t get me wrong. I like drama.. just not the dragged ones.
  3. Lastly, the plot - kinda contradicting for me to put the plot in the ‘dislike’ section after putting it in the ‘like’ one. The reason is personal preference. Until the end, the MC was alone in the action. No teamwork. No one else could fight alongside the hero because the enemy is just too strong them. No further development of friendships. The MC gained friends, but in the end, they can only depend on him to fight the enemies alone. No character development of the MC through friends.. True, the plot is consistent to its title... but it is too lonely for my taste. So yeah, I guess this is a personal preference.
overall, the novel is good. I recommend you reading this.. but I recommend reading the manhwa more :D

even after finishing the novel, I still look forward to reading the manhwa as it is really good. Highly recommend!!

Also its bit off topic but

I would like to introduce my dear viewers to an amazing thing, In time of this hard stressful lock down it created a steady source of income for me, just by selling my photos. So i think i should share it with you, since every body is having a hard time right now. 

This company is currently looking for members who want to sell their photography pictures. 

- You should be able to take and submit at least 10-50 photos a week. 

- Your photos will be used for websites, catalogs, books, magazines and ads.

If you’re interested, you can resister down below..

Regards,

P.S. You don’t need to be a professional photography to get started.you can Sign up here




Comments

  1. What's the LN chapter of the manwa chapter 113?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LN is still on ant arc by 113, if you are looking for were to start with, then I guess LN chapter 134 or 135 is equivalent to manhwa chapter 113

      Delete

Post a Comment